- What are the business objectives the digital property should support?
- What specific user actions represent success in supporting those business objectives?
- What strategic user segments are important to business objectives?
Why does your digital property exist?
- Clearly identify the business objectives that are to be supported by the digital property.
- Specify conversion goals that support each objective, with relative values for each.
- Get organizational consensus & understanding in defining success – so decision makers have context for conversion & goal value metrics in reporting.
- Set targets for key performance indicators.
- Segregate data for strategic user segments.
Source: Avinash Kaushik’s “Digital Marketing and Measurement Model“.